Welcome to my website. I provide proofreading and copy-editing services to publishers and non-publishers in a wide range of subjects.
I will work with you objectively, efficiently and, above all, sensitively to ensure that your work is the best it can be. You will know your subject matter inside out, but I can give your document that final polish prior to publication.
Have you spent a long time reading, revising and re-reading your work? Are you sure you have spotted all of the grammatical and punctuation errors? Have you relied on your spellchecker to pick up all of the errors? Perhaps you know what you want to say, but can’t make the language flow. Perhaps your publisher needs you to cut the number of words, but you can’t see how to do this without losing the meaning.
A fresh pair of eyes can help with all of these problems, and more. I can:
- correct misspelt words, repetition, grammar and punctuation
- suggest where text might need refining to enhance its meaning
- undertake light or substantive editing to iron out ambiguity and repetition and ensure a professional tone
- apply your publisher’s house style to your document
- unify style, referencing regimes, spelling and grammar across multi-authored texts
- correct those little and often missed errors that would not be picked up by your spellchecker, such as ‘an’ instead of ‘a’, or whether the word should be ‘it’, ‘if’, ‘is’ or ‘in’, or do you mean ‘not’ instead of ‘now’, or ‘their’ instead of ‘there’ – the list is endless.
No job is too big or too small.
Please contact me to discuss your requirements.